Monday 23 March 2015

Life is short, don't take it for granted.

Hello there ;)

I haven't blogged in YEARS so please forgive me if I happen to bore you to death even with a 'Hello'. Haha! Anyway, today I woke feeling grief as Singapore's founding father has passed on. I may not be at the age where I have witnessed what great things Mr. Lee Kuan Yew has done during the world war, but I am definitely old enough to know the many fascinating stories and history that Mr. Lee has made. It's kinda weird how I feel like I've lost a grandfather. I guess it's because growing up, I've always respected him as a leader and an inspiration to (almost) every Singaporean.

Living in a world and country where money matters the most, people often complain about how inconvenient or costly public transportations are, how expensive road taxes are and how high the living standard in Singapore is. I wouldn't deny all of that, but personally I feel that with all of these complaints buzzing around the country in circles, people forget that we are living in a place where we can comfortably call 'Home'. We may only be a little island, but we are strong as a nation. We live in a safe country where nobody can harm us. We live in a place where many different races come together and be harmonious as one. Singapore may not be a place for me or some of us to live the dream, but we definitely have countless of opportunities to chase them and that is just one of the many things I'm grateful for. Many of us grew up in a beautiful city, easy transportation excess, colourful and clean environments - and because of that, we don't know how to appreciate hard work, we don't know what suffering really means and we sure as hell have no idea what it was like to live during the war. So thank you Mr. Lee, for giving all you've got to protect this country, to keep us safe. You've dedicated your entire life to build Singapore to how it is today, and allow us Singaporeans to be powerful and to be grateful for one another.


As of today, God has gained another angel by His side. May you be with your loved ones if there's an afterlife. Rest In Peace.

Love,
Louisa