Tuesday 28 April 2015

Always Remember ♥︎




My friends always ask me, "Hey Lou, how do you do it? How do you pick yourself back up from all that negativity and move on?" Well, I was never a happy-go-lucky girl. Growing up, I faced many similar issues with most people. I was never 100% confident with myself, I was picked on in school and I was severely outcasted by the 'cool kids'. Don't we all have that phase? Unfortunately, for some of us, this 'phase' follows us all the way to our 20s or maybe even the 30s. But many do not know that it's never too late to change that. :)

I'm not blessed with the best fashion sense and this affects my confidence every single time I step out of the house. I'd always feel a little left out by the society because every corner I turn to, a girl would have better hair than I do or better make up or nicer clothes. Even as I scroll through Instagram, I'd feel like a little ugly duckling because just look at all the beautiful girls strutting their stuff and workin' it so effortlessly. I've also been in positions where I get outcasted and/or picked on by the people around me. I would not go to school because I wanted to hide my face from everyone, feeling extremely depressed. I didn't feel a sense of belonging nor loved by the people around me. Finally having a major meltdown was my turning point. I finally realised that I'm only human. I will make mistakes, I will have flaws. I will never have an extremely clear and symmetrical face, my hair will have its' greasy days. I will still have an oily face on bad days that act as an acne breeding nest. I will never have the perfect smile, or the warmest laugh. I will never be able to make every single person living on this planet happy. I will meet people who will walk out of my life eventually, but there will also be people who comes into my life by accident and stays on purpose. All in all, I know that as long as I surround myself with positive people and they love and accept me for who I am, I'll be a very lucky human being.

So if you're ever feeling like there's a dark cloud over your head, always remember that the only reason why people are hurting you and trying to bring you down is because you're already at the top. Always remember that God has pieced you together to make you who you are. Always remember that every individual is as amazing as the next. Always remember that as long as you are kind at heart, good karma will always come back to you. Always remember to be yourself because wanting to be someone else is a waste of time. Always remember to flash your brightest smile because there's more to life than to worry about what others think of you. Always remember that mistakes make you human. Always remember that being goofy and silly makes you real. Always remember to believe in yourself.


Always remember to be you.


Time heals all wounds and scars are a beautiful reminder to you that you're a fighter.
So start today, and I promise you, you will shine so bright, even the Sun is jealous. 

Love, 
Louisa